Tuesday, February 3, 2009

News Flash: Rose Sole Positive On Otherwise Terrible Bulls Team

I know this has been said over and over again, but Derrick Rose is really the only thing that the Bulls have going for them. Matt Moore over at Hardwood Paroxysm summed it up perfectly last week:
I hated the Bulls pick of Rose, even though I felt he was the best player in the draft. I thought he would get muddled with the Bulls guards and have to progress too quickly. He’s worlds above every player on that team. The style on offense is flashing and brutal. He’s active and focused on defense, never frantic, never lost. He’s certain with his movement, slick with this adjustments, and there’s not a piece of his game I haven’t seen from him. Hustle, rebounding, touch, power, speed, quickness, anticipation.

I wonder what he’s going to be like when he’s got a real coach.
Well said, though as my friend Ethan said to me today, if the Bulls win games, Del Negro isn't going anywhere. God is he bad.

1 comment:

Ethan Samson said...

Here is my concern, coming from Bill Simmons on ESPN:

Bill Simmons: I went Wednesday night and watching Dunleavy and Vinny go head to head reminded me of the days when David Charvet and Andrew Shue would act in the same scenes in Melrose Place. By the way, the Bulls couldn't be more miserable as a group... they all have glazed looks on their faces and no energy at all. We might have to send FEMA to Chicago to save Derrick Rose.

free counters

Unique Visitors Counter