Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Stormin Norman's Clutch Performance Sole Highlight in Bulls Lackluster Performance

Stormin Norman (on the right in a white shirt)
strolls off the court after soundly defeating
his opponent in a Tic Tac Toe Death Match


The Bulls played the Hawks last night and did their usual thing: play half-decent until the fourth quarter and then blow it. The real highlight of the game, however, was when I won the tic tac toe game on the court in the second quarter during a timeout.

Basically how the game works is that there is a giant tic tac toe board placed at center court. There are two contestants and each time a contestant makes a layup, he grabs an X or O and runs to center court to place it on the giant board. I went up against a kid I know from back in high school.

Yes that kid had just drank about 7 beers and could barely walk straight, however I went 4/5 on the layups to grasp victory from the hands of defeat. I know it was just a stupid game, but shooting a ball on the same court as Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, and other Bulls legends while 10s of thousands of fans cheered me on was a great feeling.

Should the Bulls sign me to a 10-day contract? I don't see why not. I ran harder than anyone in a Bulls uniform and I finished pretty well around the basket. Where even the great Derrick Rose struggled last night, Stormin Norman came through big time (yes Stormin Norman now talks in the third person).

What did I win, you ask? Perhaps a $1,000? A new TV? A gift certificate to ESPN Zone? Nope. A crappy XL t-shirt. Shitty I know, but the truth is I didn't need a prize. I play for the love of the game. Hear that Pax? I'll play for free. Sign Stormin Norman up now.

3 comments:

JFKFC said...

You remind me of a white Eddy Curry.

StevieY19 said...

He reminds me of a whiter Bill Wennington.

Anonymous said...

Normin' you are in a league of your own, dont let these wannabe's make fun of you.

free counters

Unique Visitors Counter