Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cedric Benson's Delusions of Grandeur Continue


Cedric Benson now plays for the Cincinnati Bengals and is putting on his usual sub-par performance there. That hasn't stopped him from reminiscing about his days as a Chicago Bear. Remember how they always said Benson wasn't traditionally fast, but he had something called "deceptive speed". I'm not sure what that means exactly, but I do know his speed was so deceptive we never even saw it. Now that's deceptive. Anyways, Benson feels that his poor performance in Chicago wasn't due to any fault of his own, but instead to the circumstances. I'm pretty sure his circumstances were that he was given the ball about 20-25 times a game and told to run behind a pretty good offensive line, but what do I know? Apparently nothing according to Ced as he chimes in on Forte's success:
"He is having a great year, but when I see the highlights, I see holes," Benson, now with the Bengals, told writer Thomas George. "I see them using him in the slot, something they didn't do with me. If I was there right now with the holes I see, I probably would have 1,800 yards. I definitely would have 1,500. I congratulate him on all of his success. He is taking advantage."
1800 yards? How is the offensive line this year any different than it was the last few years? If anything they are older and slower and knowing Ron Turner, I'm pretty sure they are using the same scheme as back then. It's not like Turner is all that imaginative or anything, even with blocking schemes. Cedric Benson is an idiot. Who likes this guy except maybe the random person who started him on his fantasy team that random week he put up half-decent numbers? Why can't these ex-Bears just shut up already. First all the old receivers and now this? Oh and that crap about lining up in the slot has got to be a joke. Benson was not exactly Mr. Catch-The-Ball-Out-Of-The-Backfield in Chicago.

No comments:

free counters

Unique Visitors Counter