Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ed Werder Gets His

Ed Werder has essentially spent the last handful of his dorky existence covering the Dallas Cowboys. I really never liked Ed Werder, but he never really rose to the level of obnoxiousness of a Berman or a Stu Scott. However, this season Werder is pissing me off a bit. First, when the Roy Williams trade went down, I had to sift through Ed Werder's false reports to figure out if the Lions had traded Roy for the Cowboys personal trainer or if they actually got some value. Every time a seemingly reliable report came through, Werder threw out some erroneous trade like Roy Williams and Jeremy Bonderman for Patrick Duffy. Okay, no big deal.

Recently, Werder has taken to reporting on the soap opera that is the Cowboys locker room. We get it Eddie, TO is bad for the team, Witten and Tony have secret brokeback meetings and Wade Phillips sneaks Garrett's food when he isn't looking. None of it is surprising and little of it is news. Plus, your anonymous sources are getting annoying. Just mildly annoying though, I mean I don't want to stand in the street and yell at you or anything....



This gem comes from Deadspin and is fantastic. I spent too much time rambling about Werder to go through it, but the camera guy is a box of tools (and is likely fired), while the Cowboys fan is...well...I don't even know. Then you have the security guard come into the picture. "No no, it's cool, you're standing in the street. It's fine."

Who does this? Wait, I can just imagine Stormin' Norman standing in the street yelling at Jay Mariotti about the First Amendment.

5 comments:

btwitty said...

i'm in your head werder!

Ethan Samson said...

Post.Of.The.Year.

Anonymous said...

I work for ESPN! I'm a man! I'm 40!

Rob said...

Amazing. I hate the Cowboys, but even I feel like this entire T.O./Witten/Romo story reeks of bullshit. Remember when I was 9 (1993) and ESPN wasn't a total hack network??

Ethan Samson said...

Did anyone see how TO called out Werder yesterday? Awesome.

free counters

Unique Visitors Counter