Thursday, October 23, 2008

Larry Hughes Gets Hurt And It Feels So Good


I know this sounds horrible, and I feel guilty even writing it, but did anyone else get a warm fuzzy feeling in their stomach when Hughes went out with a separated shoulder tonight? Its almost like someone (Mike Miller apparently) read my post earlier today and responded to it. I don't want any permanent damage, I just want him to be unable to play until his contract expires or he gets traded.

I know, I'm going to hell.

**UPDATE: Its only a few hours after the game ended, and the blogosphere is being just as cruel as me. I don't feel as bad:

From Blogabull:
I admit, I may have snuck in a pump of the fist when I saw Larry Hughes crumple to the ground. It looked like a separated shoulder, and KC reports that's indeed the diagnosis. I'm not happy that he got himself hurt, but I'm happy he is currently out...if that makes sense.
From Thank You Isiah:
Txt Msg 8:52:22 PM

Coach Skiles to BenGo07: "Please let his shoulder be separated."

Txt Msg 8:53:11 PM

BenGo07 to Coach Skiles: "I was guiltily thinking the same thing."

I'm not proud of it, but there it is. If our obscene desires come true, I'm thinking 6-8 weeks, although the ultimate TYI authority on this type of injury is indisputably Big Sweet.
From Hardwood Paroxysm:
There are times when we're able to put aside our petty differences and really celebrate the good things in life. When we rise above our regional and fanbasic vitriol for one another and truly appreciate a good thing.

And then there are times when we're all guiltily happy that Larry Hughes separates his shoulder.
My reaction doesn't seem so bad now. Hopefully now we can have some time to evaluate which of Gordon and Hinrich we want to keep.

No comments:

free counters

Unique Visitors Counter