Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mayor Daley Takes His War on Cubs to New Level

Thanks to Big Bri for bringing this to my attention. I noted in the links the other day that the City was asking Wrigleyville bars to stop serving alcohol after the 7th inning in clinching games. It appears Mayor Daley has taken the fight to Wrigleyville. I'm not sure how this is justified and definitely does not reflect well on a city claiming they can host and control millions for an Olympics, but Daley gets what Daley wants:
Bar owners reacted angrily, arguing that customers who don’t get served will get up and leave and never come back.

Daley was not sympathetic.

"Then I’ll have someone buy their place tomorrow. It’s not gonna cost ’em any business. They made enough money all year. I’m sorry. We’re just talking about common sense. That’s all this is. Because I’ll tell you one thing — if that community sees something they don’t like, they will not have a bar. They will not have a liquor license. They will vote it completely dry," the mayor said.
We didn't hear anything about this when the White Sox were making their run. There are some things I like about Mayor Daley, and then there are some I don't. Guess which one this is?

2 comments:

StevieY19 said...

This is so fucking annoying. What good will this do? None. People are still going to get way too drunk and do stupid shit. It's Wrigleyville, during the playoffs. Ok, I'm stopping this rant in the comments. Post coming on this tomorrow...

Anonymous said...

I don't know about you, but I can get sufficiently drunk to wipe out an hour and a half of dryness. Here's to buying pitchers every 10 minutes once the game hits the 4th inning. Fuck you Daley for making us drink warm beer!

free counters

Unique Visitors Counter