Saturday, September 13, 2008

Weekend Quick Hits

Hey everyone. I was swamped at work yesterday and didn't get to read or post anything really. I'm literally reading everything from yesterday and this morning and I'm just going to throw a long list of links at you. Feel free to take a look if you're bored or whatever. I know there's minor league football today, which captivates our friend StevieY19, but for the rest of us on this rainy Saturday:
  • A list of 7 athletes who called their shots. It's ok I guess, but Lloyd Lee asked me to post it, and we all submit to the will of the Asian one.
  • Z's start pushed back to Sunday because of Ike. He says his arm is feeling better.
  • Sox game rained out last night. Doubleheader today.
  • What's wrong with Derrek Lee? His OPS in August was .787 and is only .692 this month. The Cubs are going to need him down the stretch, especially with Lou stubbornly insisting he continue to hit in the 3 hole.
  • Sox win coin flip for home field in the event of a one game playoff with Minnesota.
  • A good by-the-numbers analysis of the 1984 draft. I sure as hell wouldn't take that skinny kid from North Carolina. He can't even make a jumper! Lets just say they don't think passing on MJ was a good call.
  • Bulls-Spurs trade? This site makes a decent argument for it.
  • If you are looking for something to blame for the O-line's problems (they were pretty good Sunday if you ask me) Luol's Dong thinks John St. Clair should be thrown under the bus.
  • Our friends over at Cuban and the Cubs are furious after reports that Cuban is only in the bidding for the Cubs to drive up the price for his "buddy" Sam Zell. Deadspin is calling it a blog war. Don't be mad guys, Chi-ball is unreliable anyways.
  • I guess that's the end for Joe Crede as a White Sox player. He will always be my pick to click in my heart though.
  • The Sun-Times thinks the Sox need 10 wins to make the playoffs. I think it's even less than that, but either way they are going to be limping in against some tough competition if they do make it.

No comments:

free counters

Unique Visitors Counter