Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Rodney Harrison Not Scary Compared to Prince of Darkness


Well, David Tyree made some people hit the rewind on the DVR last night on ESPN's E:60 (of course I wasn't watching, I had to count the hairs on my arms instead). Here's the kicker:


"Somebody asked me what my name was and I told them, 'the devil,' " Tyree said on ESPN's "E:60," which airs on Tuesday. "I can't make this up. There's no benefit in me telling the world that basically I was demon-possessed. In my right mind I'm not going to tell anybody I'm the devil."

Tyree, of course, made the big play in the Super Bowl leading to the Giants upset win over the Patriots. Before dealing with the Pats, however, Tyree had to rid himself of, well...Satan. Tyree believes Satan took possession of his soul and was speaking to him. He even says he took to "slithering off the couch." Ah, like a snake...I get it.

Tyree explained his postgame ritual at Syracuse as having a 40, a blunt, and a half-pint of Jack Daniels. I mean, I respect the guy for getting his shit together, but if a beer, joint, and a few shots means you've been possessed by Satan, then I think this Satan must be a busy fellow.

So when it comes down to it, maybe it's not all that surprising that David Tyree brought down the Patriots. They aren't tougher customers than Lucifer, right?

2 comments:

Stormin' Norman Disciple said...

If he's satan, what does that make Josh Howard?

btwitty said...

darryl strawberry is not impressed

free counters

Unique Visitors Counter