Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bears Grab Bag--Fire The Entire Coaching Staff Edition

I don't know how coherent or objective this little Bears analysis will be, but I'm going to go to bullet points here in an effort to break up my giant furious anger into little mini irritated points. Here goes:
  • I will do my best to start positive. Matt Forte had 64 yards on 16 carries. That is a solid day. I am assuming those numbers all came in the first half, because I have zero memory of him touching the ball in the second half. I'm not sure what about being down 17-3 at halftime signifies that a team should completely abandon the run, but hell, Ron Turner is the offensive coordinator so he must know what he's doing, right?
  • I don't even know where to begin with the defense. I'm going to try to break it down though. First thing: The Packers punted twice. Twice. I am not going to look up the Packers 3rd down conversion numbers because I would probably throw my laptop through the TV if I saw them.
  • The pass defense was actually only slightly below average this week. What a world we live in where the Bears pass defense performing at a C- level can be considered a good thing.
  • The Packers rushed for exactly 200 yards. If I could punch any 4 people in the face on the entire planet it would probably be the defensive line. (Wait, I'm forgetting the Bears coaching staff, so the d-line would be second I guess).
  • I don't want to make excuses for the Neckbeard, but he was clearly not playing at full strength. I respect that he played through the pain, but he looked terrible. His mobility was clearly effected.
  • The coaches, oh the coaches. I hate them all.
  • It's almost pointless to mention, but who are our wide receivers again? It'd be nice if they showed up.

No comments:

free counters

Unique Visitors Counter